Overview of ubiquitous networking and of its support in NGN
|Publication Date:||1 October 2009|
This Recommendation provides an overview of ubiquitous networking in NGN. More specifically, this Recommendation covers the following:
• definition of ubiquitous networking;
• objectives of ubiquitous networking;
• fundamental characteristics of ubiquitous networking;
• communication types required for ubiquitous networking;
• overview of the support of ubiquitous networking in NGN in terms of high-level capabilities and corresponding high-level architectural model.
The capabilities which are required for supporting ubiquitous networking in NGN and which are identified in this Recommendation needs to be mapped to NGN capabilities as defined in [ITU-T Y.2201]. This mapping is provided in Appendix I of this Recommendation.