Motorcycles — Brakes and brake systems — Tests and measurement methods
|Publication Date:||15 April 2010|
|ICS Code (Motorcycles and mopeds):||43.140|
This International Standard specifies tests and measurement methods for service brake systems and, where applicable, associated parking brake systems of two-wheeled motorcycles (3-3), motorcycles with sidecar (3-4) and tricycles (3-5) which are intended for use on public roads, in order to establish uniform worldwide test procedures for braking systems.
This International Standard does not cover motorcycles which:
- have a maximum speed of less than 25 km/h;
- are equipped for disabled riders.
This International Standard sets out the following types of tests:
- dynamic tests:
- dry stop test (single brake control actuated);
- dry stop test (all service brake controls actuated);
- high speed test;
- wet brake test;
- heat fade test;
- parking brake system test;
- failure tests:
- partial failure test (for split service brake systems);
- power-assisted brake system failure test.
NOTE The test methods (application, condition of the motorcycle, test procedure and parameters, measurement of performances) for all the tests defined in this International Standard are equivalent to the corresponding test methods prescribed by UNECE Global Technical Regulation No. 3.