CEN - EN 12851
Food processing machinery - Catering attachments for machines having an auxiliary drive hub - Safety and hygiene requirements
|Publication Date:||1 December 2005|
|ICS Code (Plants and equipment for the food industry):||67.260|
This European Standard specifies the safety and hygiene requirements for the design and manufacture of the following catering attachments intended to be connected to an auxiliary drive hub of machines used in catering (mainly but not exclusively planetary mixers) and to be used in the commercial and institutional catering industry:
- vegetable cutters and cheese graters;
- worm type attachments:
- fruit squeezers;
- meat mincers;
- pasta extruders;
- coffee grinder;
- strip cutters;
- planetary mixers and whippers;
This European Standard deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to catering attachments, when they are used as intended and under the conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer. It deals with the hazards due to the use, the maintenance, the cleaning, removal of jammed food, feeding and changing the tool (see Clause 4).
This European Standard is not applicable to:
- catering attachments which are exclusively part of the equipment of the machines they are intended for (as optional or standard equipment);
- the driving machines for which the attachments are intended (but the standard deals with the interface of the attachments with these machines);
- attachments including electrical equipment.
Noise is not dealt with in this European Standard.
This European Standard is not applicable to catering attachments which are manufactured before the date of its publication as EN.