SNV - SN EN 1501-2+A1
Refuse collection vehicles and associated lifting devices - General requirements and safety requirements - Part 2: Side loaded refuse collection vehicles
|Publication Date:||1 April 2010|
|ICS Code (Special purpose vehicles):||43.160|
This European Standard specifies the technical requirements to minimise the hazards listed in Clause 5 which can arise during the operation and the maintenance of side loaded refuse collection vehicles (side loaded RCVs) used for the collection, transportation and unloading of solid wastes and as intended by the manufacturer or his authorised representative.
This European Standard deals with:
- side loaded refuse collection vehicles as defined in Clauses 3 and 4;
- lifting devices for side loaded refuse collection vehicles.
Examples for basic types of side loaded refuse collection vehicles are given in Annex B.
This European Standard does not establish the additional requirements for:
- design and equipment of the chassis, considered as meeting all road traffic requirements;
- operation in severe conditions (e.g. extreme environmental conditions such as: temperatures below - 10 °C and above +40 °C, corrosive environment, tropical environment);
- operation subject to special rules (e.g. potentially explosive atmospheres, contaminating environments);
- static electricity problems;
- transportation of passengers, lifting of persons;
- loading by crane;
- loading by a satellite vehicle;
- containers other than those manufactured according to EN 840, EN 12574 and EN 13071;
- handling of loads the nature of which could lead to dangerous situations (e.g. hot wastes, acids and bases, radioactive materials, especially fragile loads, explosives);
- hazards occurring during construction, transportation, commissioning, decommissioning;
- hazards occurring in relation to traffic on public roads;
- wind velocity in excess of 75 km/h;
- direct contact with foodstuffs;
- hazards due to the noise of the side loaded RCV.