Standard: TAPPI T 840
TESTING ADHESIVES USED IN GLUED LAP JOINTS OF CORRUGATED FIBERBOARD CONTAINERS
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Scope and significance
This method describes a procedure for evaluating the adhesive used in glued lap joints of corrugated containers. This method describes a laboratory procedure for evaluating glued lap adhesive applied to laboratoryprepared specimens made from the linerboard to be used in the manufacture of corrugated containers. A separate testing procedure for the finished containers is TAPPI T 813 "Tensile Test for the Manufacturer's Joint of Fiberboard Shipping Containers."
This procedure measures heat resistance, water resistance, and cold resistance of the adhesive used in glued lap joints.
|Document Number:||tappi t 840|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|