Low-voltage fuses – Part 3: Supplementary requirements for fuses for use by unskilled persons (fuses mainly for household and similar applications) – Examples of standardized systems of fuses A to F
|Publication Date:||1 May 2010|
|ICS Code (Fuses and other overcurrent protection devices):||29.120.50|
Fuses for use by unskilled persons according to the following fuse systems comply with all subclauses of IEC 60269-1 and with the requirements laid down in the relevant fuse systems.
This standard is divided into six fuse systems, each dealing with a specific example of standardized fuses for use by unskilled persons:
• Fuse system A: D type fuse system
• Fuse system B: Cylindrical fuses (NF cylindrical fuse system)
• Fuse system C: Cylindrical fuses (BS cylindrical fuse system)
• Fuse system D: Cylindrical fuses (Italian cylindrical fuse system)
• Fuse system E: Pin-type fuses
• Fuse system F: Cylindrical fuse-links for use in plugs (BS plugtop fuse system)
NOTE 1 Examples of standardized fuses complying with the requirements of IEC 60269-1 are listed in the present standard. Other examples may be added, provided that they comply with these requirements.
For recommendations for future designs of fuses, see Annex CC.
NOTE 2 The following fuse systems are standardized systems with respect to their safety aspects.
The National Committees may select from the examples of standardized fuses one or more systems for their own standards. Colour codes are not specified for each fuse system. Where colour codes are indicated, they apply only to that particular fuse system.