Evaluation and Routine Testing in Medical Imaging Departments - Part 2-1: Constancy Tests - Film Processors
|Publication Date:||1 July 1993|
|ICS Code (Radiographic equipment):||11.040.50|
This technical report applies to those components of X-RAY EQUIPMENT which process RADIOGRAPHIC FILM and other photographic materials in X-ray facilities in which any of the following radiographic or photographic materials are handled:
- all types Of SCREEN FILM;
- NON-SCREEN FILM;
- photographic film for INDIRECT RADIOGRAPHY, as used for recording
• OUTPUT IMAGES Of X-RAY IMAGE INTENSIFIERS,
• other transferred RADIOLOGICAL IMAGES;
- photographic material for copying RADIOGRAMS;
- photographic material for making permanent images of information recorded by electronic means, and presented on display tubes, for example: hard copy cameras, or printed by other electronic means, for example: laser; as used in diagnostic equipment such as for general RECONSTRUCTIVE TOMOGRAPHY, digital imaging, ultrasound, NUCLEAR MEDICINE, magnetic resonance.
The method described in this technical report is intended primarily for automatic FILM PROCESSORS, but may be adapted for testing equipment for manual processing.
This technical report is a part of a series of Particular Publications (standards and technical reports) which will describe test methods for the constancy of properties of various subsystems Of diagnostic X-RAY EQUIPMENT, as described in IEC 1223-1.