DODD 1400.25 VOL 340 CE-01
DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Other Than Full-Time Employment
|Publication Date:||8 June 2010|
a. Instruction. This Instruction is composed of several volumes, each containing its own purpose. The purpose of the overall Instruction is to establish and implement policy, establish procedures, provide guidelines and model programs, delegate authority, and assign responsibilities regarding civilian personnel management within the Department of Defense.
b. Volume. This Volume implements policy under Reference (a) and establishes the Part- Time Career Employment Program according to Reference (b). This program is intended to:
(1) Provide part-time employment opportunities to potential and current Department employees at all grade levels through GS-15 (or equivalent);
(2) Benefit the Department as an employer of choice by increasing productivity and job satisfaction while lowering turnover rates and absenteeism;
(3) Provide management with the flexibility to meet work requirements and fill shortages in various occupations;
(4) Provide an alternative to individuals who need or desire shorter working hours; and
(5) Support agency affirmative action goals.
APPLICABILITY. This Volume applies to the OSD, the Military Departments, the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Combatant Commands, the Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, the Defense Agencies, the DoD Field Activities, and all other organizational entities within the Department of Defense (hereafter referred to collectively as the "DoD Components").