SNV - SN EN 62353
Medical electrical equipment - Recurrent test and test after repair of medical electrical equipment
|Publication Date:||1 January 2008|
|ICS Code (Medical equipment):||11.040|
The text of document 62A/564/FDIS, future edition 1 of IEC 62353, prepared by SC 62A, Common aspects of electrical equipment used in medical practice, of IEC TC 62, Electrical equipment in medical practice, was submitted to the IEC-CENELEC parallel vote and was approved by CENELEC as EN 62353 on 2007-09-11.
The following dates were fixed:
- latest date by which the EN has to be implemented at national level by publication of an identical national standard or by endorsement (dop) 2008-08-01
- latest date by which the national standards conflicting with the EN have to be withdrawn (dow) 2010-10-01
In this standard, the following print types are used:
- requirements and definitions: roman type;
- informative material appearing outside of tables, such as notes, examples and references: in smaller type. Normative text of tables is also in a smaller type;
- TERMS USED THROUGHOUT THIS STANDARD THAT HAVE BEEN DEFINED IN CLAUSE 3: IN SMALL CAPITALS.
The verbal forms used in this standard conform to usage described in Annex H of the ISO/IEC Directives, Part 2. For the purposes of this standard, the auxiliary verb:
- "shall" means that compliance with a requirement or a test is mandatory for compliance with this standard;
- "should" means that compliance with a requirement or a test is recommended but is not mandatory for compliance with this standard;
- "may" is used to describe a permissible way to achieve compliance with a requirement or test.
An asterisk (*) as the first character of a title or at the beginning of a paragraph or table title indicates that there is guidance or rationale related to that item in Annex A.
Annex ZA has been added by CENELEC.