Standard: API 26-60009
MUTAGENICITY EVALUATION OF R-04
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
The test chemical, R-04, was evaluated for its genetic properties in a battery of tests consisting of a test for mitotic gene conversion in yeast, gene mutation tests in bacteria, gene mutation tests in culture mammalian cells and in vivo chromosome analysis in rat bone marrow cells. This series of tests provides a sensitive screen for the detection of substances which produce mutagenic and/or clastogenic alterations. A high percentage of known mammalian mutagens and carcinogens demonstrate activity in one or more of the tests conducted in this evaluation, and positive results in one or more of these tests are and indication that the test substance has mutagenic and/or carcinogenic potential and that further analysis Negative results in all of these tests suggest that the test material lacks genetic activity but are not sufficient for an unequivocal determination of genetic safety.
The assumptions of mutagenic and carcinogenic potential or lack of potential are based on correlations between extensive data bases.
|Organization:||American Petroleum Institute|
|Document Number:||api 26-60009|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|