Information technology - Multimedia application format (MPEG-A) - Part 9: Digital Multimedia Broadcasting application format AMENDMENT 2: Harmonization on MPEG-2 TS storage
|Publication Date:||1 July 2010|
|ICS Code (Information coding):||35.040|
This part of ISO/IEC 23000 specifies a file format that pertains to both terrestrial digital multimedia broadcasting (T-DMB) and satellite digital multimedia broadcasting (S-DMB) contents and services. It integrates the existing DMB contents with appropriate additional information to facilitate storage, interchange, management, editing, and presentation of the contents in protected, governed, and interoperable ways.
This part of ISO/IEC 23000 is applicable both to storage and playback of DMB contents and to acquisition and consumption through communication networks and removable storages. Application examples of this specification include but are not limited to
- scheduled storage and time-shifted playback of DMB contents,
- file casting through DMB data channel,
- IP media service such as DMB content portal,
- rightful interchange of DMB contents between terminals, and
- user editing or creation from DMB contents.