Standard: TAPPI TIP 0304-26
COMMON CURTAIN COATING PROBLEMS: CAUSES, DETECTION, AND CORRECTION
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
Curtain coating is the deposition of a functional coating of a wax-based hot melt on a combined board surface by transporting the board through a falling film or "curtain" of the molten material.
As with any converting operation, various problems can arise, causing operational difficulties, and product defects.
The purpose of this Technical Information Paper is to identify common curtain coating problems, including how to detect those that may not be readily apparent, to list some of their causes, and to recommend corrective measures.
|Document Number:||tappi tip 0304-26|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|