CENELEC - EN 62058-11
Electricity metering equipment (a.c.) - Acceptance inspection - Part 11: General acceptance inspection methods
|Publication Date:||1 June 2010|
|ICS Code (Electricity. Magnetism. Electrical and magnetic measurements):||17.220|
|ICS Code (Electricity supply systems):||91.140.50|
The general acceptance inspection methods specified in this part of IEC 62058 apply to newly manufactured electricity meters produced and supplied in lots of 50 and above.
The process described herein can be used for assessment of conformity with the requirements of the Directive 2004/22/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council on measuring instruments (MID), using:
- Module D, Declaration of conformity to type based on quality assurance of the production process:
- Final product inspection and testing;
- Module F, Declaration of conformity to type based on product verification:
- Verification of conformity with the metrological requirements by examination and testing of every instrument; or
- Statistical verification of conformity with the metrological requirements;
- Module H1, Declaration of conformity based on full quality assurance plus design examination:
- Final product inspection and testing.
When the process is used within module F, the inspection methods selected shall meet the requirements specified in 5.3 of Annex F of the MID. See 5.5 below.
It is noted, that the requirements of 5.3 of Annex F of the MID do not take into account the switching rules between normal, tightened and reduced inspection. Those switching rules, mandatory with lot-by-lot inspection, when properly applied, ensure adequate protection to the customer against poor quality, and provide incentives to the manufacturer to produce consistently good quality.