Guide for Adoption of ISO/IEC TR 14471:2007 Information Technology-Software Engineering-Guidelines for the Adoption of CASE Tools
|Publication Date:||17 June 2010|
|ICS Code (Software):||35.080|
Since CASE adoption is a subject of the broader technology transition problem, this Technical Report addresses the adoption practices appropriate for a wide range of computing organisations. This Technical Report neither dictates nor advocates particular development standards, software processes, design methods, methodologies, techniques, programming languages, or life-cycle paradigms.
This Technical Report will:
- identify critical success factors (CSF);
- propose a set of adoption processes;
- guide successful adoption in consideration of organisational and cultural environment.
The following groups are targeted as potential audiences:
- CASE users;
- information systems managers;
- chief information officers (CIO);
- CASE suppliers;
- software engineering consultants;
- those involved in the acquisition of CASE tools and technology.
Therefore this Technical Report addresses aspects of CASE tools adoption. It is best used with ISO/IEC 14102 for CASE tool evaluation and selection. It is complementary to related ISO/IEC documents which deal with the general aspects of these topics.