Information technology - Programming languages - Fortran - Part 1: Base language
|Publication Date:||15 October 2010|
|ICS Code (Languages used in information technology):||35.060|
This part of ISO/IEC 1539 speci es the form and establishes the interpretation of programs expressed in the base Fortran language. The purpose of this part of ISO/IEC 1539 is to promote portability, reliability, maintainability, and ecient execution of Fortran programs for use on a variety of computing systems.
This part of ISO/IEC 1539 specifies
• the forms that a program written in the Fortran language may take,
• the rules for interpreting the meaning of a program and its data,
• the form of the input data to be processed by such a program, and
• the form of the output data resulting from the use of such a program.
Except where stated otherwise, requirements and prohibitions specified by this part of ISO/IEC 1539 apply to programs rather than processors.
This part of ISO/IEC 1539 does not specify
• the mechanism by which programs are transformed for use on computing systems,
• the operations required for setup and control of the use of programs on computing systems,
• the method of transcription of programs or their input or output data to or from a storage medium,
• the program and processor behavior when this part of ISO/IEC 1539 fails to establish an interpretation except for the processor detection and reporting requirements in items (2) to (8) of 1.5,
• the maximum number of images, or the size or complexity of a program and its data that will exceed the capacity of any particular computing system or the capability of a particular processor,
• the mechanism for determining the number of images of a program,
• the physical properties of an image or the relationship between images and the computational elements of a computing system,
• the physical properties of the representation of quantities and the method of rounding, approximating, or computing numeric values on a particular processor, except by reference to the IEEE International Standard under conditions speci ed in Clause 14,
• the physical properties of input/output records, les, and units, or
• the physical properties and implementation of storage.