Standard: AAMI 14971
MEDICAL DEVICES—APPLICATION OF RISK MANAGEMENT TO MEDICAL DEVICES
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This International Standard specifies a process for a manufacturer to identify the hazards associated with medical devices, including in vitro diagnostic (IVD) medical devices, to estimate and evaluate the associated risks, to control these risks, and to monitor the effectiveness of the controls.
The requirements of this International Standard are applicable to all stages of the life-cycle of a medical device.
This International Standard does not apply to clinical decision making.
This International Standard does not specify acceptable risk levels.
This International Standard does not require that the manufacturer have a quality management system in place. However, risk management can be an integral part of a quality management system.
|Organization:||Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation|
|Document Number:||aami 14971|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
This Standard References
Showing 10 of 41.