Ductile iron pipes, fittings, accessories and their joints for water applications TECHNICAL CORRIGENDUM 1
|Publication Date:||15 November 2010|
|ICS Code (Steel pipes and tubes for specific use):||77.140.75|
|ICS Code (Water supply systems):||91.140.60|
|ICS Code (Gas supply systems):||91.140.40|
This International Standard specifies the requirements and test methods applicable to ductile iron pipes, fittings, accessories and their joints for the construction of pipelines:
- to convey water (e.g. for human consumption and raw water),
- operated with or without pressure, and
- installed below or above ground.
NOTE In this International Standard, all pressures are relative pressures expressed in bar 1).
This International Standard specifies materials, dimensions and tolerances, mechanical properties and standard coatings of pipes, fittings and accessories. It also gives performance requirements for all components including joints.
This International Standard applies to pipes, fittings and accessories cast by any type of foundry process or manufactured by fabrication of cast components, as well as corresponding joints in the size range DN 40 to DN 2600 inclusive.
It is applicable to pipes, fittings and accessories which are
- manufactured with socketed, flanged or spigot ends (joint design and gasket shapes are outside the scope of this International Standard),
- normally delivered internally and externally coated.
Pipes and fittings are classified according to allowable operating pressure.
1) 100 kPa = 1 bar