Standard: 1434 BULLETIN
UL STANDARD FOR SAFETY THERMISTOR-TYPE DEVICES
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
These requirements apply to discrete thermistor-type devices constructed of ceramic or polymeric semiconductor material.
These thermistors are intended for use as:
a) Self-limiting devices such as heaters;
b) Control devices such as current limiters and inrush-current limiters; or
c) Sensing devices.
These requirements apply to positive temperature coefficient (PTC) and negative temperature coefficient (NTC) type devices.
Control devices, such as current limiters are not intended to replace current interrupting devices such as fuses, but are intended to provide a level of overcurrent protection complying with the end-use equipment requirements.
These requirements do not apply to heating cables, such as self-regulating pipe heating cable, that are constructed with thermistor-type material.
|Document Number:||1434 bulletin|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|1434 BULLETINS||Change Type:||Update Date: 2001-01-01||Status: ACTV|
|1434 BULLETIN||Change Type:||Update Date: 2000-02-04||Status: ACTV|