NFPA - 24
Standard for the Installation of Private Fire Service Mains and Their Appurtenances
|Publication Date:||1 January 2019|
This standard shall cover the minimum requirements for the installation of private fire service mains and their appurtenances, which include supplying the following:
(1) Automatic sprinkler systems
(2) Open sprinkler systems
(3) Water spray fixed systems
(4) Foam systems
(5) Private hydrants
(6) Monitor nozzles or standpipe systems with reference to water supplies
(7) Hose houses intended to carry water for fire service and other uses.
This standard shall not apply to the following situations:
(1) Mains under the control of a water utility
(2) Mains providing fire protection and/or domestic water that are privately owned but are operated as a water utility
This standard shall not apply to underground mains serving sprinkler systems designed and installed in accordance with NFPA 13R that are less than 4 in. (100 mm) in nominal diameter.
This standard shall not apply to underground mains serving sprinkler systems designed and installed in accordance with NFPA 13D.