IEC TS 62933-3-1
Electrical energy storage (EES) systems – Part 3-1: Planning and performance assessment of electrical energy storage systems – General specification
|Publication Date:||1 August 2018|
|ICS Code (Environmental impact assessment):||13.020.30|
This part of IEC 62933 is applicable to EES systems designed for grid-connected indoor or outdoor installation and operation. This document considers
• necessary functions and capabilities of EES systems
• test items and performance assessment methods for EES systems
• requirements for monitoring and acquisition of EES system operating parameters
• exchange of system information and control capabilities required
Stakeholders of this document comprise personnel involved with EES systems, which includes
- planners of electric power systems and EES systems
- owners of EES system
- operators of electric power systems and EES systems
- suppliers of EES system and its equipment
Use-case-specific technical documentation, including planning and installation specific tasks such as system design, monitoring and measurement, operation and maintenance, are very important and can be found throughout this document.
NOTE This document has been written for AC grids, however parts can also apply to DC grids.