DIN EN 1993-6
Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures - Part 6: Crane supporting structures (includes Corrigendum AC:2009)
|Publication Date:||1 December 2010|
|ICS Code (Technical aspects):||91.010.30|
|ICS Code (Cranes):||53.020.20|
|ICS Code (Steel structures):||91.080.13|
(1) This Part 6 of EN 1993 provides design rules for the structural design of runway beams and other crane supporting structures.
(2) The provisions given in Part 6 supplement, modify or supersede the equivalent provisions given in EN 1993-1.
(3) It covers overhead crane runways inside buildings and outdoor crane runways, including runways for:
a) overhead travelling cranes, either:
- supported on top of the runway beams;
- underslung below the runway beams;
b) monorail hoist blocks.
(4) Additional rules are given for ancillary items including crane rails, structural end stops, support brackets, surge connectors and surge girders. However, crane rails not mounted on steel structures, and rails for other purposes, are not covered.
(5) Cranes and all other moving parts are excluded. Provisions for cranes are given in EN 13001.
(6) For seismic design, see EN 1998.
(7) For resistance to fire, see EN 1993-1-2.