DoD Standard for Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) Certification
|Publication Date:||31 August 2018|
PURPOSE. In accordance with the authority in DoD Directive 5134.01 (Reference (a)), this instruction:
a. Establishes policies and standards, assigns responsibilities, and provides procedures to certify CORs to implement the recommendation of the DoD Panel on Contracting Integrity set out in the 2008 report to Congress (Reference (b)).
b. Establishes uniform guidance for identification, development, certification, and management of CORs within the DoD.
c. Implements Deputy Secretary of Defense Memorandum (Reference (c)).
d. Incorporates and cancels the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics Memorandum (Reference (d)).
APPLICABILITY. This instruction:
a. Applies to:
(1) OSD, the Military Departments, the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Combatant Commands, the Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, the Defense Agencies, the DoD Field Activities, and all other organizational entities within the DoD (referred to collectively in this instruction as the "DoD Components").
(2) Contracting officers, personnel with authorities and responsibilities in accordance with subpart 1.602-2 of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (Reference (e)).
(3) CORs, personnel delegated specific responsibilities by the contracting officer in accordance with subpart 1.602-2 of Reference (e) and subpart 201.602-2 of the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) (Reference (f)).
(4) Requiring activities and management of CORs including individual COR supervisors.
b. Does not apply to personnel assigned to provide:
(1) Contract administration support pursuant to subpart 42.202(a) of Reference (e).
(2) Quality assurance support in accordance with subpart 46.502 of Reference (e).