PACKT - Developing Java Applications with Spring and Spring Boot
|Publication Date:||4 October 2018|
An end-to-end software development guide for the Java eco-system using the most advanced frameworks: Spring and Spring Boot. Learn the complete workflow by building projects and solving problems.
About This Book
• Learn reactive programming by implementing a reactive application with Spring WebFlux
• Create a robust and scalable messaging application with Spring messaging support
• Get up-to-date with the defining characteristics of Spring Boot 2.0 in Spring Framework 5
• Learn about developer tools, AMQP messaging, WebSockets, security, MongoDB data access, REST, and more
• This collection of effective recipes serves as guidelines for Spring Boot application development
Who This Book Is For
Java developers wanting to build production-grade applications using the newest popular Spring tools for a rich end-to-end application development experience.
What You Will Learn
• Get to know the Spring Boot and understand how it makes creating robust applications extremely simple
• Understand how Spring Data helps us add persistence in MongoDB and SQL databases
• Implement a websocket to add interactive behaviors in your applications
• Create powerful, production-grade applications and services with minimal fuss
• Use custom metrics to track the number of messages published and consumed
• Build anything from lightweight unit tests to fully running embedded web container integration tests
• Learn effective testing techniques by integrating Cucumber and Spock
• Use Hashicorp Consul and Netflix Eureka for dynamic Service Discovery
Spring Framework has become the most popular framework for Java development. It not only simplifies software development but also improves developer productivity. This book covers effective ways to develop robust applications in Java using Spring.
The course is up made of three modules, each one having a take-away relating to building end-to-end java applications. The first module takes the approach of learning Spring frameworks by building applications.You will learn to build APIs and integrate them with popular fraemworks suh as AngularJS, Spring WebFlux, and Spring Data. You will also learn to build microservices using Spring's support for Kotlin. You will learn about the Reactive paradigm in the Spring architecture using Project Reactor. In the second module, after getting hands-on with Spring, you will learn about the most popular tool in the Spring ecosystem-Spring Boot. You will learn to build applications with Spring Boot, bundle them, and deploy them on the cloud. After learning to build applications with Spring Boot, you will be able to use various tests that are an important part of application development. We also cover the important developer tools such as AMQP messaging, websockets, security, and more. This will give you a good functional understanding of scalable development in the Spring ecosystem with Spring Boot. In the third and final module, you will tackle the most important challenges in Java application development with Spring Boot using practical recipes. Including recipes for testing, deployment, monitoring, and securing your applications. This module will also address the functional and technical requirements for building enterprise applications.
By the end of the course you will be comfortable with using Spring and Spring Boot to develop Java applications and will have mastered the intricacies of production-grade applications.
Style and approach
A simple step-by-step guide with practical examples to help you develop and deploy Spring and Spring Boot applications in the real-world.