DIN EN 13871
Food processing machinery - Cubes cutting machinery - Safety and hygiene requirements (includes Amendment A1:2010)
|Publication Date:||1 February 2011|
|ICS Code (Plants and equipment for the food industry):||67.260|
This document covers cube cutting machines and accessories.
This document specifies requirements for the design and manufacture of cubes cutting machines (see Figures 1 to 6 and 12 to 18).
The machines covered by this document are used to size reduce fresh meat, meat products and products of the same kind by cutting in a cutting unit.
This document deals with all significant hazards, hazardous situations and events relevant to machines, appliances and machinery, when they are used as intended and under conditions of misuse which are reasonably foreseeable by the manufacturer (see Clause 4)
This document deals with the hazards which can arise during commissioning, operation, maintenance and decommissioning of the machine.
This document is not applicable to cubes cutting machines which are manufactured before the date of publication of this document by CEN.
This document covers the following types of cubes cutting machines:
- Cubes cutting machines with a forward feed plunger, a lattice and a sickle blade with loading by hand (see Figure 2)
- Cubes cutting machines with a forward feed plunger, a lattice, a sickle blade, a feed intake hopper and a loading device (see Figure 1)
- Cubes cutting machines with a rotating cutting tool, a multi-segment blade and a feed conveyor (see Figures 3 and 5)
- Cubes cutting machines with a rotating cutting tool and centrifugal force loading (see Figure 6)
Cubes cutting machines are constructed of a machine frame, a feed intake chamber/magazine, a forward feed plunger or nip roller, a lattice or a rotating cutting tool, a sickle or multi-segment blade, an associated drive and electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic components, depending on machine type.
Cubes cutting machines in the scope of this document may be equipped with:
- a lid over the feed intake chamber/magazine;
- a transfer car for the sickle blade/multi-segment blade, cutting blade and lattice;
- a loading device;
- a feed conveyor.
The intended use (as defined in EN ISO 12100-1:2003, 3.12) of cubes cutting machines as dealt with in this document is described in 1.1.
The product to be cut is fed manually or by the loading device/feed conveyor into the feed intake chamber. The product is fed to the cutting unit by the forward feed plunger and/or by the nip roller or by centrifugal force and size reduced.
Although it should be advised against, the document, taking into account practice, deals with the hazards due to cleaning with pressurised water.