CEN - PREN 12566-1
Small wastewater treatment systems for up to 50 PT - Part 1: Prefabricated septic tanks
|Publication Date:||1 October 2018|
|ICS Code (Sewage water):||13.060.30|
This document specifies characteristics and related requirements, assessment methods, the marking and assessment and verification of constancy of performance (AVCP) procedures for packaged and/or site assembled septic tank used for populations up to 50 inhabitants.
Packaged and/or site assembled septic tanks in accordance with this document are:
• used for the primary treatment of domestic wastewater including that of guest houses and businesses;
• made of concrete, steel, Unplasticized Polyvinylchloride (PVC-U), Polyethylene (PE), Polypropylene (PP), Glass Reinforced Polyester (GRP-UP) and/or Polydicyclopentadien
• with or without elastomeric seals for joints made of vulcanized rubber;
• used buried in the ground;
• with or without extension shaft;
• with a nominally capacity of at least 2 m3;
• made of prefabricated components that are factory or site-assembled by one manufacturer and which are tested as a whole. This document does not cover packaged and/or site assembled septic tank:
• where vehicle loads apply to it;
• receiving grey water only.