ISO TR 22299
Document management - Digital file format recommendations for longterm storage
|Publication Date:||1 November 2018|
|ICS Code (IT applications in information, documentation and publishing):||35.240.30|
|ICS Code (Other standards related to graphic technology):||37.100.99|
This document gives guidelines for selecting the most appropriate file format(s) for the storage, usability, and exchange of data with a long-term management objective.
It is applicable to the selection of file formats to be used to store electronic documents. It provides guidance that takes into account:
- the durability of documents in a readable form;
- fidelity to the original and data integrity;
- interoperability, i.e. independence from creation applications, information systems and rendition platforms;
- compliance with relevant laws and regulations;
- compliance with format specifications;
- reducing costs by reducing the number of conversions/migratio
This document is applicable to all office activities (e.g. text processing, spreadsheets, presentations), email and static web pages, as well as all types of electronic components, including images, video and sound.
It does not apply to database formats.