CEN - EN 1520
Prefabricated reinforced components of lightweight aggregate concrete with open structure with structural or non-structural reinforcement
|Publication Date:||1 March 2011|
|ICS Code (Concrete and concrete products):||91.100.30|
This European Standard is for prefabricated components of lightweight aggregate concrete (LAC) with open structure and with structural or non-structural reinforcement intended to be used in building construction
a) for structural elements:
- loadbearing wall components (solid, hollow core or multilayer);
- retaining wall components (solid) with or without surcharge loading;
- roof components (solid, hollow core or multilayer);
- floor components (solid, hollow core or multilayer);
- linear components (beams or piers).
b) for non-structural elements:
- non-loadbearing wall components (e.g. for partition walls);
- cladding components (without fixtures) intended to be used for external facades of buildings;
- small box culverts used to form channels for the enclosure of services;
- components for noise barriers.
NOTE 1 In addition to their loadbearing and encasing function, components can also be used to provide fire resistance, sound insulation and thermal insulation.
Components covered by this European Standard are only intended to be subjected to predominantly non-dynamic actions, unless special measures are introduced in the relevant clauses of this European Standard.
The term "reinforced" relates to reinforcement used for both structural and non-structural purposes.
This European Standard does not cover:
- rules for the application of these components in structures;
- joints (except their strength);
- finishes for external components, such as tiling.
NOTE 2 LAC components can be used in noise barriers if they are designed to fulfil also the requirements of EN 14388.