DODD 4160.21 VOL 1
Defense Materiel Disposition: Disposal Guidance and Procedures
|Publication Date:||31 August 2018|
a. Manual. This manual is composed of several volumes, each containing its own purpose. In accordance with the authority in DoD Directive (DoDD) 5134.12, DoD Instruction (DoDI) 4140.01, and DoDI 4160.28 (References (a), (b), and (c)), this manual prescribes uniform procedures for the disposition of DoD personal property and establishes the sequence of processes for disposition of personal property of the DoD Components.
b. Volume. This volume of this manual:
(1) Reissues DoD 4160.21-M (Reference (d)).
(2) Implements the statutory authority and regulations under which DoD personal property disposal takes place, as well as the scope and applicability for the program.
(3) Defines the responsibilities of personnel and agencies involved in the Defense Materiel Disposition Program.
(4) Provides procedures for disposal of excess property and scrap.
(5) Provides procedures for property donations, loans, and exchanges.
a. This volume applies to OSD, the Military Departments, the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Combatant Commands, the Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Defense, the Defense Agencies, the DoD Field Activities, and all other organizational entities within the DoD (referred to collectively in this volume as the "DoD Components").
b. If a procedural conflict exists, these references take precedence:
(1) Parts 101 and 102 of Title 41, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), also known as the "Federal Property Management Regulation and Federal Management Regulation (FPMR and FMR)" (Reference (e)).
(2) Subtitle I of Title 40, United States Code (U.S.C.), also known as "Federal Property and Administrative Services Act" (Reference (f)).