CEN - EN 14033-4
Railway applications - Track - Railbound construction and maintenance machines - Part 4: Technical requirements for running, travelling and working on urban rail
|Publication Date:||1 January 2019|
|ICS Code (Construction of railways):||93.100|
|ICS Code (Equipment for railway/cableway construction and maintenance):||45.120|
This document deals with the technical requirements to minimize the specific railway hazards of railbound construction and maintenance machines - henceforward referred to as machines, intended for use on urban rail systems. These hazards can arise during the commissioning, the operation and the maintenance of machines when carried out in accordance with the specification given by the manufacturer or his authorized representative.
The requirements in this standard amend those in EN 14033-1 to − 3 a s r equired f or t he use of the machine on urban rail systems. Where a machine is designed and intended for use on mainline and urban rail systems, compliance with the most onerous conditions of EN 14033-1 to −3 and EN 14033-4 will be required.
This document does not apply to the following:
- requirements for quality of the work or performance of the machine;
- machines moving and working whilst not on rails;
- specific requirements established by the machine owner and/or operating company for the use of machines, which will be the subject of negotiation between the manufacturer and the Urban Rail Manager.
This document does not establish additional requirements for the following:
- operation subject to special rules, e.g. potentially explosive atmospheres;
- hazards due to natural causes, e.g. earthquake, lightning, flooding;
- working methods;
- operation in severe working conditions requiring special measures, e.g. in tunnels or cuttings, extreme environmental conditions such as: freezing temperatures, high temperatures, corrosive environments, tropical environments, contaminating environments, strong magnetic fields;
- hazards that may occur when a machine is used to handle suspended loads which may swing freely.
Other track construction and maintenance machines used on railway tracks are dealt with in other European Standards, see Annex B.