CEN - EN 13141-1
Ventilation for buildings - Performance testing of components/products for residential ventilation - Part 1: Externally and internally mounted air transfer devices
|Publication Date:||1 January 2019|
|ICS Code (Ventilation and air-conditioning systems):||91.140.30|
This document specifies laboratory methods for testing externally and internally mounted air transfer devices operating under pressure differences.
This document applies to air transfer devices of the following types:
- air transfer devices with fixed opening(s);
- air transfer devices with manually adjustable opening(s);
- air transfer devices with pressure difference controlled opening(s);
- window openings specifically designed to act as an air transfer device.
This document describes tests intended to characterize the following:
- flow rate/pressure;
- equivalent area
- reverse flow ability;
- air tightness when closed;
- free area;
- air diffusion in the occupied zone;
- sound insulation;
- water tightness.
This document does not apply to evaluation of:
- air filtration;
- condensation risk;
- noise production.