ISO DIS 24527
Service activities relating to drinking water supply, wastewater and stormwater systems — Guidelines on alternative drinking water service provision during a crisis
|Publication Date:||7 March 2019|
|ICS Code (Drinking water):||13.060.20|
|ICS Code (Services for consumers):||03.080.30|
This document provides guidelines on alternative drinking water service (ADWS) provision during a crisis.
This document addresses ADWS:
a) principles and methods; and
b) operational planning and implementation.
This document is not applicable to:
1) planned water supply interruptions forming part of drinking water utilities' normal operations;
NOTE However, many of the principles and methods described can be appropriate in such circumstances.
2) drinking water supplied for the ongoing operation of key establishments and facilities during a crisis, such as hospitals, homes for the aged, schools, reception facilities and vital plants;
3) water supplied for industrial, agricultural or commercial purposes;
4) water supplied to temporary settlements such as refugee camps;
5) the development and implementation of a crisis management system for water service, which is covered by ISO 24518 and ISO 24520.