PACKT - Hands-On Object-Oriented Programming with C#
|Publication Date:||28 February 2019|
Enhance your programming skills by learning the intricacies of object oriented programming in C# 8
* Understand the four pillars of OOP; encapsulation, inheritance, abstraction and polymorphism
* Leverage the latest features of C# 8 including nullable reference types and Async Streams
* Explore various design patterns, principles, and best practices in OOP
Object-oriented programming (OOP) is a programming paradigm organized around objects rather than actions, and data rather than logic. With the latest release of C#, you can look forward to new additions that improve object-oriented programming.
This book will get you up to speed with OOP in C# in an engaging and interactive way. The book starts off by introducing you to C# language essentials and explaining OOP concepts through simple programs. You will then go on to learn how to use classes, interfacesm and properties to write pure OOP code in your applications. You will broaden your understanding of OOP further as you delve into some of the advanced features of the language, such as using events, delegates, and generics. Next, you will learn the secrets of writing good code by following design patterns and design principles. You'll also understand problem statements with their solutions and learn how to work with databases with the help of ADO.NET. Further on, you'll discover a chapter dedicated to the Git version control system. As you approach the conclusion, you'll be able to work through OOP-specific interview questions and understand how to tackle them.
By the end of this book, you will have a good understanding of OOP with C# and be able to take your skills to the next level.
What you will learn
* Master OOP paradigm fundamentals
* Explore various types of exceptions
* Utilize C# language constructs efficiently
* Solve complex design problems by understanding OOP
* Understand how to work with databases using ADO.NET
* Understand the power of generics in C#
* Get insights into the popular version control system, Git
* Learn how to model and design your software
Who this book is for This book is designed for people who are new to object-oriented programming. Basic C# skills are assumed, however, prior knowledge of OOP in any other language is not required.