Mobile and fixed offshore units – Electrical installations – Part 3: Equipment
|Publication Date:||1 April 2019|
|ICS Code (Electrical equipment of ships and of marine structures):||47.020.60|
This part of IEC 61892 is applicable to electrical equipment in mobile and fixed offshore units including pipeline, pumping or "pigging" stations, compressor stations and single buoy moorings, used in the offshore petroleum industry for drilling, production, accommodation, processing, storage and offloading purposes.
It applies to all installations, whether permanent, temporary, transportable or hand-held, to AC installations and DC installations without any voltage level limitation. Referenced equipment standards may give voltage level limitations.
This document specifies requirements such as those concerning
- enclosures, with regard to material, marking (nameplates and labels), ventilation, earthing, EMC and short-circuit rating of components, and
- specific requirements related to use in an offshore unit, such as
• generators and motors,
• switchgear and control gear assemblies,
• instrumentation of power sources,
• semiconductor converters,
• secondary cells and batteries,
• communication equipment,
• control and instrumentation, and
• accessories for accommodation and similar areas.
This document does not apply to
- fixed equipment for medical purposes,
- electrical installations of tankers, and
- control of ignition sources other than those created by electrical equipment.
NOTE 1 For medical rooms, IEC 60364-7-710 provides specific requirements. Requirements for tankers are given in IEC 60092-502.
NOTE 2 Specific requirements in relation to electrical equipment in hazardous areas are given in IEC 61892-7.
NOTE 3 Guidance on protection of non-electrical equipment can be found in ISO 80079-36, ISO 80079-37 and IMO 2009 MODU Code, 6.7.