CEN - EN 1519-1
Plastics piping systems for soil and waste discharge (low and high temperature) within the building structure - Polyethylene (PE) - Part 1: Requirements for pipes, fittings and the system
|Publication Date:||1 April 2019|
|ICS Code (Drainage systems):||91.140.80|
|ICS Code (Pipeline components and pipelines in general):||23.040.01|
This document specifies the requirements for solid-wall polyethylene (PE) pipes with smooth internal and external surfaces extruded from the same compound/formulation
- soil and waste discharge applications (low and high temperature) inside buildings (application area code "B");
- soil and waste discharge applications (low and high temperature) for both inside buildings and buried in the ground within the building structure (application area code "BD").
NOTE 1 The intended use is reflected in the marking of products by "B" or "BD".
NOTE 2 For use buried in the ground within the building structure are intended only those components marked with "BD", with a nominal ring stiffness of at least SN4 for dimensions equal to or greater than 75 mm.
This document is also applicable to PE pipes and fittings and the system intended for the following purposes:
- ventilating part of the pipework in association with discharge applications;
- rainwater pipework within the building structure.
It also specifies the test parameters for the test methods referred to in this standard.
This document covers a range of nominal sizes, a range of pipes and fittings series and gives recommendations concerning colours.
NOTE 3 It is the responsibility of the purchaser or specifier to make the appropriate selections from these aspects, taking into account their particular requirements and any relevant national regulations and installation practices or codes, e.g. CEN/TR 13801 .
NOTE 4 Pipes, fittings and other components conforming to any of the plastics product standards listed in Annex B can be used with pipes and fittings conforming to this European Standard, if applicable.
It applies to pipes and fittings, marked with "B", which are intended to be used inside buildings and outside buildings fixed onto the wall.
It applies to pipes and fittings, marked with "BD", which are intended to be used for both inside buildings and buried in the ground within the building structure.
This standard is applicable to PE pipes and fittings of the following types:
- with integral elastomeric ring seal socket;
- for butt fusion joints;
- for electrofusion joints;
- for mechanical joints where the fittings can be manufactured by injection-moulding or can be fabricated from pipes and/or mouldings.
NOTE 5 EN 476 specifies the general requirements for components used in discharge pipes, drains and sewers for gravity systems. Pipes and fittings conforming to this standard fully meet these requirements.
NOTE 6 For information about the chemical resistance of PE, guidance is given in ISO/TR 10358 and for rubber materials in ISO/TR 7620.