OBSOLESCENCE MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES FOR COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT
|Publication Date:||14 May 2019|
The purpose of this document is to establish guidelines that should be observed during initial design, production, and maintenance of aircraft components, and to present short-term and long-term strategies to minimize the costs and impacts associated with decreasing availability of components.
The goals of this report are to:
• Provide guidelines for designs that will be tolerant of component obsolescence, as referenced in ARINC Report 847, Section 9.0.
• Identify cost-effective methods for resolving component obsolescence issues.
• Facilitate information exchange, e.g., obsolescence solutions, databases, etc.
• Establish maintenance operation and support processes to address obsolescence.
• Recommend a standard practice for notification of obsolescence components (supplier to operator).