UL - 60745-2-22
UL standrad for Safety Hand-Held Motor-Operated Electric Tools – Safety – Part 2-22: Particular Requirements For Cut-Off Machines
|Publication Date:||20 July 2012|
This standard applies to cut-off machines fitted with
- one bonded reinforced wheel of Type 41 or Type 42, or
- one or more diamond cut-off wheels with the peripheral gaps, if any, not exceeding 10 mm and with
- a rated speed not exceeding a peripheral speed of the wheel of 100 m/s at rated capacity and
- a rated wheel capacity range of 55 mm to 410 mm.
These machines are intended to cut materials such as metals, concrete, masonry, glass and tile.
This standard does not apply to:
- grinders, sanders, or polishers, even if they can be converted to a cut-off machine, which are covered by IEC 60745-2-3;
- circular saws which are covered by IEC 60745-2-5.