Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 2-89: Particular requirements for commercial refrigerating appliances and ice-makers with an incorporated or remote refrigerant unit or motor-compressor
|Publication Date:||1 June 2019|
|ICS Code (Commercial refrigerating appliances):||97.130.20|
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This part of IEC 60335 specifies safety requirements for electrically operated commercial refrigerating appliances and ice-makers that have an incorporated motor-compressor or that are supplied in two units for assembly as a single appliance in accordance with the instructions (split system).
NOTE 101 Examples of appliances that are within the scope of this standard are
- refrigerated display and storage cabinets;
- refrigerated trolley cabinets;
- service counters and self-service counters;
- blast chillers and blast freezers;
- commercial ice-makers.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by these types of appliances including those that use flammable refrigerants and appliances employing R-744 refrigerant.
This International Standard is not applicable to appliances with a mass of flammable refrigerant exceeding the limits specified in 22.110 or to appliances with that use refrigerants with a toxicity classification of B according to ISO 817.
It does not cover those features of construction and operation of refrigerating appliances that are dealt with in ISO standards.
NOTE 102 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or aboard ships or aircraft, additional requirements can be necessary;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified by national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
NOTE 103 This standard does not apply to
- appliances using flammable refrigerant in transcritical refrigeration systems;
- domestic refrigerating appliances (IEC 60335-2-24);
- split systems having a refrigerant charge of flammable refrigerant exceeding 150 g in any refrigerating circuit;
- industrial refrigerating systems;
- motor-compressors (IEC 60335-2-34);
- commercial dispensing appliances and vending machines (IEC 60335-2-75);
- commercial ice-cream appliances;
- cold temperature rooms;
- multiple refrigerated chambers with a remote motor-compressor.