CSA C22.2 NO 60335-2-80
Household and similar electrical appliances — Safety — Part 2-80: Particular requirements for fans
|Publication Date:||1 January 2017|
|ICS Code (Ventilators. Fans. Air-conditioners):||23.120|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This Standard applies to fans and ventilation equipment that are
a) cord-connected, rated at not more than 250 V;
b) permanently connected to supply circuits of 600 V and less, single-phase or three-phase; and
c) used in accordance with CSA C22.1, Canadian Electrical Code, Part I.
- fans for use in unattended areas;
- wall insert fans, ceiling insert fans, and attic exhaust fans;
- exhaust and filter units consisting of an air-circulating fan and a mechanical filter;
- clothes dryer booster fans for use in the exhaust duct of household clothes dryers;
- bathtub and shower stall fans;
- household down-draft fans;
- fan-type air-to air heat exchangers;
- component fans;
- commercial fans and blowers used for carpet cleaning or flood restoration and remediation;.
- unguarded fans; and
- fans used to ventilate a household cooking area.
This Standard covers the above-noted products that are intended to be installed or used in accordance with the Canadian Electrical Code, Part I.