DNVGL-RU-SHIPS P 2 CH 2
Part 2 Materials and welding Chapter 2 Metallic materials
|Publication Date:||1 July 2019|
The chapter specifies requirements for metallic materials used for construction of vessels and their equipment with respect to:
- inspection and tolerances
- identification and certification
- condition of supply and heat treatment
- test units, test material and test specimens
- grading systems
- chemical composition
- mechanical properties
- other test requirements, e.g. corrosion test, drop weight test, etc.
The requirements apply for assignment of class.
Upon agreement, the scope may be extended to other applications.
The following materials/products are covered:
- rolled steels including rolled stainless steels
- clad steel and steel-aluminium transition joints
- pipes of steel, stainless steels, aluminium alloys, copper alloys and titanium alloys
- forgings and castings of steel, iron, stainless steels, copper alloys and aluminium alloys.