Fabrication and testing of offshore structures
|Publication Date:||1 July 2019|
The standard has been written for general world-wide application. Governmental regulations may include requirements in excess of the provisions by this standard depending on the size, type, location and intended service of an offshore unit.
The standard provides requirements for fabrication and testing of offshore units, see [2.2].
The standard gives requirements for the following:
- contractors, see Ch.2 Sec.2
- qualification of welders, see Ch.2 Sec.3
- welding consumables, see Ch.2 Sec.4
- qualification of welding procedures, see Ch.2 Sec.5
- fabrication and tolerances, see Ch.2 Sec.6
- non-destructive testing, see Ch.2 Sec.7
- structural and tightness testing, see Ch.2 Sec.8
- corrosion protection systems, see Ch.2 Sec.9
- bolts and mechanical fastening, see Ch.2 Sec.10
- specific requirements for DNV GL certification and classification, see Ch.3.
As well as representing DNV GL's recommendations on safe engineering practice for general use by the offshore industry, the offshore standard includes the technical basis for DNV GL classification, certification and verification services as given in a separate chapter, Ch.3.