API - RP 2A-LRFD
Planning, Designing, and Constructing Fixed Offshore Platforms - Load and Resistance Factor Design
|Publication Date:||1 August 2019|
This document specifies requirements and provides recommendations applicable to the following types of fixed steel offshore structures for the petroleum and natural gas industries:
- caissons, free-standing and braced;
In addition, it is applicable to compliant bottom founded structures, steel gravity structures, jack-ups, other bottom founded structures, and other structures related to offshore structures (such as underwater oil storage tanks, bridges, and connecting structures), to the extent to which its requirements are relevant.
This document contains requirements for planning and engineering of the following tasks:
- design, fabrication, transportation, and installation of new structures as well as their future removal;
- in-service inspection and integrity management of both new and existing structures;
- assessment of existing structures;
- evaluation of structures for reuse at different locations.
Requirements for topsides structures can be found in API 2TOP, for marine operations in API 2MOP, and for the site-specific assessment of jack-ups in ISO 19905-1. Additional requirements for the design of fixed steel offshore structures in arctic environments can be found in API 2N.