API RP 2TOP
|Publication Date:||1 August 2019|
This document provides requirements for the design, fabrication, transportation, installation, modification, and structural integrity management for the topsides structure for an oil and gas platform; API 2TOP complements API 2A-WSD, API 2A-LRFD, ISO 19903, API 2FPS, API 2T, ISO 19905-1, and API 2N, which give requirements for various forms of substructures. It is based on ISO 19901-3:2010 (Corrected version, 15-Dec-2011) and is consistent with ISO 19901-3:2014 to the fullest extent possible and modified only where needed for API purposes. Requirements in this standard concerning modifications and maintenance relate only to those aspects that are of direct relevance to the structural integrity of the topsides structure.
The actions on the topsides structure and structural components are derived from this document and where necessary, in combination with API, other international standards and the ISO 19900 series. The resistances of structural components of the topsides structure are determined by the use of international or national building codes, as specified in this document. If the topsides structure is integrated with the supporting substructure to help resist global platform forces, the requirements of this standard are supplemented with applicable requirements of the associated substructure such as API 2A-LRFD for fixed steel structures and API 2FPS for floating structures. This document is applicable to:
- topsides of fixed offshore structures;
- topsides on the hulls of floating offshore structures and mobile offshore units as long as interface displacements and internal forces associated with the hull or substructure are correctly accounted for in the analysis (see A.1).
For those parts of floating offshore structures and mobile offshore units that are chosen to be governed by the rules of a recognized classification society, the corresponding class rules supersede the associated requirements of this standard.
This document has limited guidance on corrosion control, alternate structural materials, and other miscellaneous topics that the structural engineer often has to consider.
This document contains requirements for, as well as guidance and information on, the following aspects of topsides structures:
- design, fabrication, transportation, installation, and modification;
- in-service inspection and structural integrity management;
- assessment of existing topsides structures;
- decommissioning, removal, and disposal;
- prevention, control, and assessment of fire, explosions, and other accidental events.
This document applies to structural components including the following:
- structural components in decks, module support frames, and modules;
- flare structures;
- crane pedestal and other crane support arrangements;
- helicopter landing decks (helidecks);
- permanent bridges between separate offshore structures;
- masts, towers, and booms on offshore structures.