ETSI - TS 102 527-1
Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications (DECT); New Generation DECT; Part 1: Wideband speech
|Publication Date:||1 August 2019|
The present document specifies a set of functionalities of the New Generation DECT.
The New Generation DECT provides the following basic new functionalities:
• Wideband voice service (the present document).
• Packet-mode data service supporting Internet Protocol with efficient spectrum usage and high data rates (ETSI TS 102 527-2 [i.4]).
• Extended Wideband speech services (ETSI TS 102 527-3 [i.5]).
• Light Data Services: Software Update Over The Air (SUOTA), Content Downloading and HTTP based applications (ETSI TS 102 527-4 [i.11]).
• Additional feature set nr.1 for Extended wideband speech services (ETSI TS 102 527-5 [i.12]).
All New Generation DECT devices will offer at least one of these services. If the device offers the wideband voice service, it will support also the DECT standard 32 kbit/s voice service according to ETSI EN 300 444  (GAP).
All DECT devices claiming to be compliant with this Application Profile will offer at least the basic services defined as mandatory. In addition to that, optional features can be implemented to offer additional DECT services.
The aim of the present document is to guarantee a sufficient level of interoperability and to provide an easy route for the development of DECT wideband speech applications, with the features of the present document being a common fall-back option available in all devices compliant to this profile.
The present document also includes further development for super-wideband and fullband speech and audio services.