Examination of Pressure Vessels
|Publication Date:||7 September 2019|
This standard applies to assets owned or leased by Network Rail, which include
• traction and rolling stock (T&RS)
• on track machines (OTM)
• on track plant (OTP)
• portable transportable mobile plant (PTMP)
• fixed and depot plant
In addition, this standard applies to all Network Rail staff, including agents acting on behalf of Network Rail, involved in the:
a. maintenance of pressure system assets, in particular pressure vessels;
b. operation of pressure system assets, in particular pressure vessels.
This standard describes the minimum requirements for the maintenance of pressure vessels fitted within mobile and installed pressure systems and to meet the obligations of NR/L1/RMVP/0001.
The management of pressure vessels and associated works, including maintenance, must be in accordance with the latest Pressure System Safety Regulations (PSSR).
By the implementation of this standard, it will assist to mitigate the following risks:
• dangerous use of Network Rail owned or hired in equipment containing pressure vessels due to:
o incorrect work planning
o operation by non-competent staff
o poor asset condition
o misuse of equipment
• operation of rail equipment containing pressure vessels without the correct documentation in place; and
• lack of accident management process in place for equipment containing pressure vessels.