CENELEC - EN 60335-2-13
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-13: Particular requirements for deep fat fryers, frying pans and similar appliances
|Publication Date:||1 February 2010|
|ICS Code (Small kitchen appliances):||97.040.50|
|ICS Code (Domestic safety):||13.120|
This European Standard deals with the safety of electric deep fat fryers having a recommended maximum quantity of oil not exceeding 5 l, frying pans, woks and other appliances in which oil is used for cooking, and intended for household use and similar use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
Appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops and other premises for normal housekeeping purposes, are within the scope of this European Standard.
NOTE Z101 Examples of appliance for household environment are appliances for typical housekeeping functions used in the household environment that may also be used by non-expert users for typical housekeeping functions:
- in shops and other similar working environments;
- in farm houses;
- by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
- in bed and breakfast type environments.
NOTE Z102 Household environments include the dwelling and its associated buildings, the garden, etc.
As far as is practicable, this European Standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in household and similar environments.
However, in general, it does not take into account
- children playing with the appliance,
- the use of the appliance by young and very young children,
- the use of the appliance by older children without supervision,
- user maintenance by children, including the cleaning of the appliance.
It is recognized that very vulnerable people may have needs beyond the level addressed in this European Standard.
This European Standard does not apply to
- deep fat fryers for commercial use (EN 60335-2-37),
- commercial multi-purpose cooking pans (EN 60335-2-39),
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).
NOTE Z103 Attention is drawn to the fact that
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary,
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.