IEC TS 62600-300
Marine energy – Wave, tidal and other water current converters – Part 300: Electricity producing river energy converters – Power performance assessment
|Publication Date:||1 September 2019|
|ICS Code (Hydraulic energy engineering):||27.140|
This part of IEC 62600 provides:
• A systematic methodology for evaluating the power performance of river current energy converters (RECs) that produce electricity for utility scale and localized grids;
• A definition of river energy converter rated capacity and rated water speed;
• A methodology for the production of power curves for the river energy converters in consideration; and
• A framework for the reporting of results.
Exclusions from the scope of this document are as follows:
• RECs that provide forms of energy other than electrical energy unless the other form is an intermediary step that is converted into electricity by the river energy converter;
• Resource assessment, that will be addressed separately in the River Energy Resource Assessment Technical Specification;
• Scaling of any measured or derived results;
• Power quality issues;
• Any type of performance other than power and energy performance; and
• The combined effect of multiple river energy converter arrays.