Design, testing and analysis of offshore fibre ropes
|Publication Date:||1 September 2019|
Fitness for designated service
This recommended practice aims to provide recommendations on how to document that fibre rope products will be fit for designated offshore service.
The recommended practice addresses three main areas:
- design of synthetic lines for intended offshore use
- testing of performance characteristics for synthetic lines
- analysis of synthetic lines as part of an integrated system.
It provides recommendations for design, testing and analysis of synthetic lines for use in:
- offshore mooring systems as described in DNVGL-OS-E301
- deepwater deployment and recovery systems as described in DNVGL-ST-E407
- other offshore applications.