Standard: TAPPI T 545
CROSS-MACHINE GRAMMAGE PROFILE MEASUREMENT (GRAVIMETRIC METHOD)
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method describes a procedure which can be applied to determine the variation in mass per unit area in the cross-machine direction, commonly referred to as the grammage (or basis weight) profile. This method is appropriate for the acceptance testing of both the papermaking process and the product.
This method is laborious, but it is reliable and accurate. It requires simple, well-defined operations: cutting out samples, weighing samples, and data evaluation.
The general procedures outlined in TAPPI T 410 "Grammage of Paper and Paperboard (Weight Per Unit Area)" and in TAPPI T 402 "Standard Conditioning and Testing Atmospheres for Paper, Board, Pulp Handsheets, and Related Products" are used as basic references for this method.
|Document Number:||tappi t 545|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|