Standard: PAPTAC - E.2
OPACITY OF PAPER
This standard is available with a subscription to IHS Standards Expert.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method is intended to measure "Opacity – paper backing" formerly known as "Printing Opacity". It may be used for coloured papers provided that the reflectance (paper backing) is greater than 20 % and simultaneously the opacity (paper backing) is greater than 45 % (Ref.3). It is not intended for the highly translucent papers such as glassine.
|Organization:||Pulp and Paper Technical Association of Canada, Formerly CPPA|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|
|Document #||Change Type||Update Date||Revision||Status|
|E.2||Change Type:||Update Date: 1993-08-01||Status: INAC|