Standard: TAPPI T 226
SPECIFIC EXTERNAL SURFACE OF PULP
This standard is available for individual purchase.
IHS Standards Expert subscription, simplifies and expedites the process for finding and managing standards by giving you access to standards from over 370 standards developing organizations (SDOs).FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Maximize product development and R&D with direct access to over 1.6 million standards
- Discover new markets: Identify unmet needs and discover next-generation technologies
- Improve quality by leveraging consistent standards to meet customer and market requirements
- Minimize risk: Mitigate liability and better understand compliance regulations
- Boost efficiency: Speed up research, capture and reuse expertise
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE
This method, based on the silvering method devised by Clark (1), is used to determine the specific exposed surface of unbeaten, or only slightly beaten, chemical pulps, groundwood, wood flour, and similar materials. It is not suitable for finely fibrillated or well-beaten fibers, since the silvering step causes some of the finest fibrils to collapse and hence lowers the exposed area (2).
|Document Number:||tappi t 226|
|Most Recent Revision:||YES|